Healthy living companies to ring stock market bell
The NASDAQ Stock Market today announced that it will host its 3rd annual “Fit Week” to promote healthy living in the New Year. Between Thursday, January 2 and Thursday, January 9, 2014, companies dedicated to healthy living and active lifestyles will ring the Opening and Closing Bells at the NASDAQ MarketSite in Times Square.
Participating companies include:
- Nutrisystem Inc [NTRI]: a provider of weight management products and services
- Steiner Leisure Limited [STNR]: a provider of spa products and services, and its subsidiary Bliss
- Jamba Juice Company [JMBA]: a healthy, active lifestyle brand offering specialty beverage and food items
- Sprouts Farmers Market, Inc. [SFM]: a specialty retailer of fresh, natural and organic foods
- Town Sports International Holdings, Inc. [CLUB]: owner and operator of fitness clubs in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic regions of the United States
- Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. [BAGL]: Restaurant company that operates, franchises and licenses locations under the Einstein Bros. Bagels, Noah’s New York Bagels and Manhattan Bagel brands
- Chobani, Inc.: Greek Yogurt brand made with only natural ingredients
- KIND Healthy Snacks: brand known for all natural snacks
In addition to ringing the Opening or Closing Bell during “Fit Week”, participating companies will be featured on NASDAQ’s Facebook and Twitter pages where they will provide customized tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle in 2014.
Source: The NASDAQ OMX Group