New wristband and clip trackers
Jawbone has announced two new multi-sensor activity trackers to provides in-depth information about health and fitness.
Inside its slim design, UP3 by Jawbone features a patented multi-sensor platform that collects and analyzes a wide range of biometric signals, delivering actionable insights:
- Multi-sensor Platform: The advanced multi-sensor platform includes a new tri-axis accelerometer, sophisticated bioimpedance sensors, and skin and ambient temperature sensors. Using this technology, UP3 delivers resting heart rate – a key indicator of overall heart health – and will capture more health data through future firmware updates.
- Advanced Sleep: UP3 tracks detailed sleep stages including REM, Light and Deep sleep, providing in-depth information on sleep and what can be done to improve it.
- Advanced Activity: New smart algorithms allow UP3 to automatically identify workouts and classify activities, including running, cross-training, tennis, and many more.
- Smart Coach: The band connects with the industry-leading UP App to bring Smart Coach – an intelligent system that keeps track of progress and gives personalized guidance to help you reach your goals faster. The more information UP3 captures about sleep, activity, meals and other biometric signals, the more Smart Coach can do for you.
- Smart Design: Designed by leading industrial designer, Yves Behar, UP3 features a slim, stylish, and low-profile design that can accessorize with jewelry or watches on the wrist. With up to seven days of battery life, water resistance up to 10 meters and a durable anodized aluminum framework, UP3 is one of the only trackers available that achieves true 24/7 wearability. A secure, overlapping watch-style clasp allows to adjust the band to fit almost any wrist size.
"Our mission was to create the world's most powerful activity tracker in the smallest possible design, and we believe we have done that with the UP3 band. Our advanced, multi-sensor platform delivers a huge amount of new health data, backed by our smart algorithms and our highly personalized Smart Coach system. And because the technology is fully updateable, we're able to unveil great new features and experiences in the coming months."
Travis Bogard, vice president of product management and strategy, Jawbone
Know Your Heart Health
Advanced bioimpedance sensors allow UP3 to automatically and accurately measure resting heart rate, defined as heart rate upon waking up, before other influences such as movement, exercise, or caffeine set in. Through the UP App, resting heart rate can be changed over time and understand what a healthy heart rate means. A free, over-the-air firmware update coming soon for UP3 will allow additional health data to be captured.
Track, Understand, Act
The sophisticated multi-sensor platform in UP3 allows it to identify detailed sleep stages – REM, Light and Deep sleep – providing new insight into what happens when sleeping. Stick to a consistent bedtime and de-stress before bed to try to get more Deep sleep, associated with body restoration and healing. Sleep longer to try and catch more REM sleep, associated with dreams, learning and memory consolidation.
The powerful sensors and smart algorithms in UP3 enable automatic activity detection after completing a specific activity or workout. The UP App will recognize many popular activities including running, cross-training, cardio exercise, tennis, hiking and others such as dance and Zumba. The system also learns from behavior over time to auto-classify many other harder-to-recognize activities like swimming, cycling, weights or yoga.
The UP App’s Smart Coach feature uses the rich information captured by the band to deliver personalized guidance and challenges. Learning what can be done to improve activity, sleep, diet and heart rate can help to reach goals faster and make a greater impact on health and well-being.
Available This Year
UP3 by Jawbone will be available later this year for $179.99 at Jawbone.com and at Apple and Best Buy stores nationwide in Black Twist, with additional color options to be introduced next year. The UP by Jawbone App for UP3 will also be available later this year as a free download from the App Store, as will a compatible Android app.
At just $49.99, UP MOVE by Jawbone is the simplest way to get credit for steps, exercise and calories burned while also capturing detailed information about sleep. UP App’s intelligent approach to personalized guidance and deeper insight.
Stylish new design
Press the face of UP MOVE to see its sleek, hidden LED display light up to show progress toward goals at a glance. Press once to display step progress, twice to display the time, and three times to display sleep from the prior night.
Made from a durable, nylon-like anodized aluminum, UP MOVE comes in five brilliant colors with corresponding clips which can easily fasten it anywhere. Place the tracker discreetly in the coin pocket of jeans, or use it with the clip to wear it on a sock, belt or bra. Colorful hypoallergenic wrist straps are also available in two widths, slim and standard, allowing for UP MOVE to be worn on the wrist and mix and match it with personal accessories.
UP MOVE comes with a replaceable battery that lasts up to six months, eliminating the need for regular recharging. It uses the same circular batteries found in digital watches and remotes, which are long-lasting and easy to replace.
Move More with Smart Coach
The accelerometer built into UP MOVE counts daily steps without missing a beat. UP MOVE can also be worn in bed to accurately track sleep, including hours slept and sleep quality. For optimum results, wear the comfortable wrist strap accessory during sleep.
UP MOVE connects wirelessly with Jawbone’s industry-leading UP App via Bluetooth® Smart, syncing regularly in the background to track progress throughout the day and night. Smart Coach, the UP App’s intelligent guidance and insight system, stays with you every step of the way to help understand what changes should be made.
UP MOVE can connect with anyone in the UP system, regardless of whether they use Jawbone’s original UP and UP24 bands, or simply the free UP App for smartphones and wearables. Members of the UP community who have three or more teammates are likely to take 1,000 more steps per day which equates to 10 extra miles per month, according to Jawbone data.
Powered by MotionX
The tracker is powered by MotionX technology to provide a comprehensive summary of daily progress, including steps and sleep.
UP Move by Jawbone includes the pod-style tracking device, a corresponding clip and a replaceable battery, and it comes in a selection of five brilliant tracker and clip color combinations.
Jawbone products can be purchased direct from the Jawbone online store.