Fitbit unveiled three new activity trackers
Fitbit, a leading wearable fitness technology company today announced the Fitbit Charge, Surge and Surge HR.
Fitbit Charge is a high-performance wristband that delivers all-day activity tracking, real-time fitness stats and Caller ID right on the wrist for people who want to step up their everyday activities to improve their overall health. Fitbit Force, reinvented, Charge is designed for people looking to track everyday activity to take their fitness to the next level, displaying all the most important stats in real-time on your wrist.
- Accurate tracking of steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned and floors climbed
- A bright, OLED display showing time of day and real-time stats
- Automatic sleep detection monitors sleep quality using motion analysis to understand sleep and wake times; also features a silent, vibrating alarm
- Caller ID to helps users stay connected to incoming calls; the wristband vibrates and shows the caller’s name or number when a smartphone is nearby
- Exercise tracking to easily record workouts, see real-time exercise stats and have summaries appear automatically on the Fitbit dashboard
- A high-quality, water-resistant, comfortable new textured wristband design with an improved clasp
- Up to 7 days of battery life
Fitbit Charge HR (due early 2015) is an advanced tracker that delivers continuous, automatic wrist-based heart rate, Caller ID and all-day activity tracking. It’s designed for more active users who are dedicated to staying fit and want a full picture of their health – in and out of the gym. Charge HR features Fitbit’s proprietary PurePulse optical heart rate technology, which provides continuous and automatic wrist-based heart rate monitoring, without an uncomfortable chest strap. PurePulse uses safe LED lights to detect blood volume changes right on the wrist to deliver heart rate monitoring 24/7.
Charge HR includes all the features of Charge, plus:
- Continuous 24/7 heart rate right on the wrist to get more accurate all-day calorie burn, reach target workout intensity and maximize training
- All-day insights into overall heart health including resting heart rate and heart rate trends, alongside stats like steps, distance, floors climbed, calories and active minutes
- Up to 5 days of battery life – Charge HR is specially designed with battery efficient technology, so you can spend more time tracking and less time charging
Fitbit Surge (also due early 2015) is Fitbit’s most advanced tracker to date: a sleek ‘Fitness Super Watch,’ designed for those looking for peak performance. Featuring 8-sensor technology that combines all-day fitness tracking with GPS, heart rate monitoring and smartwatch functionality, Surge is ideal for users committed to training, dedicated to health and consistently looking to improve progress.
Surge includes all the features of Charge and Charge HR, plus:
- Built-in GPS delivers stats like pace, distance, elevation, split times, route history and workout summaries for smarter training
- Records multi-sport activities like running, cross-training and strength workouts; see comprehensive summaries with tailored metrics, workout intensity and calories burned
- Smartwatch features including Caller ID, text alerts and mobile music control let users train smarter and stay focused right from the wrist
- Eight sensors—3-axis accelerometers, gyroscope, compass, ambient light sensor, GPS and heart rate—working harmoniously to give users the most advanced tracking in the thinnest, lightest design on the market
- Backlit LCD touch screen display with customizable watch faces, makes it easy to navigate through real-time stats, workout apps, sleep and alarms
- Up to 7 days of battery life – Surge is specially designed with battery efficient technology, so you can track a work week or a marathon on just one charge