Combating hearing loss in style
Hearing loss is becoming an epidemic that, contrary to common perception, affects all age groups: sixteen percent of the European population, i.e. 71 million people, suffers from hearing loss. Exposure to loud sounds – from live music and sports stadiums to subway trains and airplanes – can lead to permanent hearing damage, known as Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL). The DUBS are the first design-forward, advanced tech solution to this growing problem.
Doppler Labs today announced that it will introduce DUBS Acoustic filters in Europe. After the success of the U.S. launch of the DUBS last month at the Global Citizen Festival in New York, the DUBS’ introduction in Europe will coincide with the Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE) where internationally renowned and award-winning composer Hans Zimmer will be appearing in an in-depth keynote Q&A session. ADE is the world’s biggest club festival, which takes place in 100 of the best venues in Amsterdam from 15 October through 19 October.
DUBS Acoustic Filters are advanced tech earplugs engineered for a quality audio experience. The DUBS – which were designed to be fashion-forward and aesthetically pleasing – use mechanical filters comprised of 17 individual parts to reduce volume and protect your ears without sacrificing sound fidelity, style or comfort.
"Even with all of the recent advancements in tech and design, earplugs have never evolved: they still muffle sound, look like unstylish medical products and are uncomfortable. Now with the DUBS, you can protect your ears without sacrificing sound fidelity, style or comfort."
Noah Kraft, Co-founder and CEO of Doppler Labs
- Quality Sound: Dynamic attenuation to protect your ears while preserving sound fidelity.
- Hearing Protection: Reduced audio levels by an average of 12 dB, providing protection from loud noise and environments.
- Advanced Technology: The compact size masks the complexity of their 17 individual parts made of premium materials like stainless steel, ABS, polymer foams and silicone.
- Elegant Design: Discrete, minimalist form factor that transforms a product originally designed for construction sites into a fashion accessory.
- Durable & Easily Portable: With a small, protective case, DUBS safely fit into a pocket, clutch or jacket. The DUBS are reusable, built to last for countless adventures and nights out.
The DUBS are the first product from Doppler Labs, a technology company founded by Noah Kraft, Fritz Lanman, former Microsoft executive and angel investor in Square and Pinterest, and Dan Wiggins, former SONOS transducer engineer. Doppler Labs is backed by a litany of top tech and media investors and is focused on creating a robust product pipeline of “hearables” – wearable technology designed to optimize the way you hear the world.