Ski and snowboard fitness trainer launches
Pioneered by Olympic skier Tim Dudgeon, BODYCarver 2.0 a ski and snowboard trainer has launched into fitness clubs. The result of more than a decade of research and development, the trainer has been developed by leading athletes, fitness professionals and sports coaches.
The BODYCarver comprises a moving belt onto which you can attach skis or a snowboard. The ride is extremely smooth and allows the user to ski/board and turn as if they were really on the slopes. An interactive screen mounted in front of the machine displays progress down the mountain, turns per minute and spurs the user on towards their next goal.
BODYCarver at a glance:
- Easy to master, a complete beginner can be skiing or boarding with confidence in under two minutes
- Challenging workout for all levels of ability from beginner to elite skier/ boarder
- An engaging, interactive workout which can burn up to 700 calories an hour
- Accurately replicates the movements of skiing and boarding and the ski/snowboard experience
- Cover miles of slopes in one session, vastly improving the user’s skill level and technique
- Ski or board in total safety with zero risk of falling
- Motivating, rewarding and fun
BODYCarver has been operating at Club Alpine in Canterbury since September 2011 and in that time, over 4,000 sessions have been completed on the machine. Following this testing phase, BODYCarver machines are now in production and will be available for club installs from October 2013.