The 2nd Annual Nutrition & Science Conference 2014 taking place from 27-28 March 2014 in Mumbai, India, comprises of 2 days of programming including a hands-on workshop with leading experts throwing light on solutions to top challenges of the industry.
Innovative Ingredient Showcase: Latest innovations and radical improvements of nutritional ingredients and novel nutrition ingredients in a series of 20 minute technical presentations and 10 minutes additional Q&A per presentation by ingredient manufacturers, food & beverage operators and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Categories of ingredients covered:
- Cancer treatment ingredients
- Cholesterol treatment ingredients
- Diabetes treatment ingredients
- Specialty ingredients
- Botanical ingredients
- Bone Health ingredients
- Ayurvedic ingredients
- Daily requirement ingredients for a balanced healthy life
Health with taste workshop: Indian and international developments across 6 different nutrition product categories – paediatric, maternal, sports, geriatric, obesity, diabetes and cholesterol
Clarification of FSSAI policies and implementation guidelines to ensure regulatory compliance, harmonisation with the industry and smooth product approval process.
Key Speakers or Panellists
- Dr. Christian Dairmont, Energy and Metabolic Health Group Leader, Nestlé Research Centre, Switzerland
- Dr. Ravi Menon, Senior Principle Scientist, General Mills Bell Institute of Health & Nutrition, USA
- Christine Dziedzic, Accredited Sports Dietician, Australian Sports Commission, Australia
- Dr. Dilip Ghosh, Director, nutriConnect, Australia
- Dr. Helmut Weidlich, President, Institut Prof. Dr. Georg Kurz GmbH, Germany and Visiting Professor Agriculture, University of Coimbatore, India
- Dr. Alok Srivastava, Head FSAQCL Department, Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), India
- Dr. K Madhavan Nair, Scientist, National Institute of Nutrition and Member of Panel for Functional Foods, Nutraceuticals, Dietetic Products and other similar products, FSSAI, India
- Dr. Deepa Bhajekar, Managing Director, MicroChem Silliker, India
- Deepak Gunvante, Director & Head, R&D Family Nutrition Category, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare, India
- Dr. Prabodh Halde, Head Regulatory Affairs, Marico, India
- Jasvir Singh, AVP & Head, Scientific Affairs, Regulatory Affairs and Nutrition, Kraft Foods, India*
- Sanjay Singh, Head Commercial R&D, Piramal Healthcare, India
- Dr. Swaminathan Subramaniam, Head R&D, Abbott Nutrition, India
- Dr. A K Srivastava, Director and Vice Chancellor, National Dairy Research Institute, India
- Sangeetha Srinivasan, Manager New Business Development, Human Nutrition South Asia, BASF, India
This event features in-depth discussions on technological and managerial challenges faced by nutritionists and heads of R&D, scientific affairs and regulatory affairs in food and nutraceutical companies in India.
With a delegation booking of almost 35 already and an expectancy of around 150 more, this event promises to be action packed.
For more information visit http://www.food-nutritionscience.com/